Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What a day!

Well, this was my last vacation day of the year and I got so much done!

First thing this morning after I dropped Vanessa off at daycare, I went to see the Air National Guard recruiter. Hubby and I have been talking about joining the Guard for some extra money on the weekends and, since we're both prior service, we can add the time towards our retirement. I'm really excited about this. Just going on-base and remembering when I was on active duty has really got me wanting to do this. I miss alot about miltary life. I'm just worried about having to go back to tech school again. Not only being away from home for so long, but also having to do PT. I am horribly out-of-shape and I had a rough time with the running when I was in the first time...when I was 18 and 95 pounds soaking wet. I can't imagine the hell it will be with me not having exercised in over 3 years and weighing 135. Looks like I have another good excuse to hit the gym hardcore between now and then.

Afterwards I headed home and tried, unsuccessfully, to find my DD214. But I did find alot of stuff while I was searching for it....the rest of my tarot cards, for one. I'm hoping that my "Mysteris of Isis" book is buried in the same box since it wasn't with the rest of my books. Also found the cute hat that my mom knitted for Vanessa last winter (actually, it was suppoed to be for me, but she made it way too small).

Went out to lunch with hubby, then went grocery shopping to pick up the ingredients for my orange-cranberry Chex mix. Ooooohhh...this is heaven! I could eat the whole batch by myself in one sitting. But no...have to lose weight and get in shape for the Guard.

Also got hubby's presents wrapped. And speaking of which....I won a prize! A local parenting board is having a contest where you can win something different every day. I went ahead and entered for a few of the prizes, not thinking I'd win since I only submit one entry and everyone else, it seems, is able to submit multiple entries. But I won on the very first day! It's a wrapping organizer filled with wrapping paper, tags, ribbons, bows, and such. How cool! Too bad I already have almost everything already wrapped now. But when mom's book comes in from Amazon, I can use the new stuff.

It's so cool how things seem to be just falling in my lap the past week or so since I setup my prosperity altar. Oh yes...and speaking of prosperity, the ANG will give me a $20,000 bonus when I join!!! Holy crap! We could pay off all kinds of bills with that! Heck, we could pay them ALL off (except the mortgage) and have money left over to spend. And if we both join...that's $40,000!!! I get palpatations just thinking about that. It looks like all kinds of prayers are going to be answered.

No comments: